On March 12, 2009 Zaner took me out for a carriage ride. He had asked a few days in advance if he could take me out that night. Now that was rare for Zaner unless he was planning something special. So I kind of had an idea what was going on that night. :) So Zane, me, the carriage driver and Cledus (the horse) set out for a ride downtown. The carriage stopped in Memory Grove Park at which point we got out to walk around for a few minutes. Zane led me over to a little cobblestone bridge over the stream. Zane said, "From the first time I met you, I remembered your smile. I remember thinking you were one of the most joyous people I had ever met. I also remember watching the guys that you dated and thinking man, you could do better than that. I knew God had as awesome plan for your life. And now I'm dating you. I am so happy to be the man in your life but I still think...you could do better than that! (At this point he got down on one knee and said...) would you grow old with me? Would you marry me?" And of course I said Yes! :) We got back in the carriage and started out again and Zane said, "I have one more surprise for you!...."
Meanwhile....
The carriage pulls into the park and I notice this camera set up on a tripod across the way, in the alley of the memory grove house with a cord that goes behind the wall and the top of a mans head adjusting something. I look and its pointed directly at this bridge but the only people I see around are joggers and their dogs. The carriage then stops in the park and there is an awkward moment between the driver and Zane. At this point, I now know Zane is doing something. Then we head over to the bridge and the first thing he says is..."Lets stop and look at the water for a minute." Now he's hosed, I really know! :) Then after he proposes a man walks over with his two dogs, a big cigar in his mouth and the dog pees on the bridge. So as you can see...it was really romantic but really funny and memorable as well! Then we get back in the carriage and start to drive off and Zane says, "I have one more surprise for you...." I said, "Does it have anything to do with that camera that was back in the alley way?" Zane says, "You saw that? How did you see that? Yeah, your parents were behind the wall taking pictures of it all!" The two of us then went to Flemmings, a very nice restaurant for dinner. And that, was the proposal! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment